Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Evening Update

First, let me say thank you to the number of people who have spoken very highly of my page. This is truly a historic winter for these parts, and I have been oh so happy (if you could not have noticed)

Anyways, things are looking on track. Looking at the radar, we are already seeing precipitation moving into southern jersey. So, I may need to bump up the starting time to early morning (between 6-8am). Still looks to start as rain or a mix and then it should transition to snow rather quickly. We made it up to the middle 40's today which will have an impact tomorrow on how fast the snow can accumulate on the pavement. it will take a while for that to happen. I have been watching the temperatures today, and as i am writing this, my temperature is 38 degrees. What we also have to look at is the dewpoint, which sits at 32 degrees. That is important because when the precipitation starts, there will be a period of time when the precipitation cools the atmosphere and the temperature will drop and the dewpoint will rise. This is known as evaporational cooling. There is cooler air moving in, which should drop both the dewpoint and temperature prior to the onset of precipitation, so we could very well start out as snow and remain snow throughout.

Anyways, things are still progressing. I still like my amounts of 8-12" around the Burlington County region. I actually think there will be an area of a bit heavier amounts in the area and north of Trenton. This area will extend north through the Poconos and all the way up through the NY/NJ/PA border. This area will see amounts of 12-16" I am not sure how east that will get, but an eastern boundary around the Robbinsville/Millstone/Plainsboro/New Brunswick line will probably be the eastern edge of that. On that subject, I did mention this to be a interesting setup....here are a couple ideas I am going to through out:

These are some ideas I think will happen during this storm, not for the whole duration, but in parts

1. Long Island will have a driving rainstorm while areas back in Jersey will have blizzard like conditions

2 Philadelphia could be snowing while NYC is raining.

3 NJ gets more total snow than CT

4. Thundersnow reports will run rampant over central and northern jersey tomorrow evening and night!!!!! ( I am most looking forward to this)

5. Someone, not sure where, but someone will get 30" of snow out of this storm (best guess now would be in the Central/Eastern NY through Western Mass, Souther NH and Ver.

I am just throwing those ideas out there.....thats how whacky this set up is

Anyways, more updates as the evening and nightime models roll out!

No comments:

Post a Comment