Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Weekend Update

Well, here we are. Everyones anticipating the storm this weekend. Well, I am really excited. We have a ton of potential to have a storm to the magnitude of December 19 of this past year. We have one model who has spit out over 20" of snow, consistently. We also have some other models who have shown lesser amounts and are still flopping. The good news, if you like snow, is that all models are showing a hit. This, like most storms along the east coast, will be dependent on track and how fast it can intensify. There are a couple of other details, but I will spare the boredom.

In any case, before I commit to a forecast, I want to see a couple more model runs to see some more consistency. I am looking for a general agreement amongst them all. In addition, I want to see if we are going to have any mixing issues depending on how close the storm gets and draws in warmer air. Verbatim, the models today we would be looking for anything between 4" and 26". Obviously, the truth will be somewhere in between.

A rough idea of what I am looking for is:

DC/Baltimore area 6-10
Philly 6-10
Trenton area 5-9
NYC area 2-4

These numbers are very preliminary. At this point, I feel pretty safe with these as low amounts. HOPEFULLY, I will be able to adjust these higher tomorrow am.

HERE IS OUR STORM DEVELOPING! A HUGE FETCH OF MOISTURE!!!!







Corey Towner
townersweatherpage.blogspot.com/
twitter.com/coreytowner

No comments:

Post a Comment