Saturday, December 19, 2009

HERE WE GO!!!

I am writing this entry just getting back from a great NJ Devils win! I have been following some of the discussions, forecasts and model runs from my phone from the game.....yes, i love snow that much. What I can tell you is this will be a Major East Coast storm, and may be remembered with the best of them. This will borderline a HISTORIC STORM!!!!

What I am gathering from playing catchup is, we are looking at snow, and lots of it. I have even seen that thundersnow is a very good possibility around the philly, south and central jersey regions! This is a VERY rare event and takes place under highly convective bands that will set up over the area. This is going to be a major storm from Richmond, VA through Boston. A classic I95 Noreaster!! The best part, there is very little chance of any sleet or freezing rain mixing in, even at the coast!

I am almost at a loss of words! With that, here are some totals as I see it now: Originally, i felt safe with a 6-12" forecast.....it APPEARS THIS WILL BE TOO LITTLE!!!

Trenton- 12-16" (more where convective banding sets up)
Philadelphia- 14-18" (more where convective banding sets up)
DC- 14-18" (more where convective banding sets up)
Easton, PA 8-12"
NYC 10-14" (more where convective banding sets up)

These amounts will be revisited in the am. As I am writing this, snow has begun falling in the mid atlantic region, all the way up to southern jersey.

I am looking for snow to start around 5am in central jersey. Snow will become heavy at times during the day Saturday and will become VERY heavy from the period of 7pm-11pm. Snow will tper off in the early Sunday morning time frame 3-6am. The snow will start and begin accumulating rapidly.

More updates to come!


Corey Towner
townersweatherpage.blogspot.com/
twitter.com/coreytowner

1 comment:

  1. We're finally getting our big storm! Haven't seen one in years so I'm excited for this one too! You're the best weatherman I know I'm happy to see your official report on this storm!

    ReplyDelete