Sunday, December 19, 2010

I AM DREAMING OF A WHITE CHRISTMAS.....

Ok, time to look forward to see whats on tap for chances of snow this week. There appears to be a clipper poised to move through the area Tues/Wednesday timeframe, but will have very little precipitation as it will dry up as it crosses over the Appalachian Mtns.

And, its also time to start focusing on Christmas!!!! Yes, thats right, models are pointing towards a Christmas Day storm! Something we have not had in this area for a long, long time! In fact, in my 33 years, I can remember the amount of White Christmases I have had on one hand. I am not talking rain that changes to snow, I am talking Bing Crosby White Christmas, from start to finish. The weather models have been pretty bullish on the idea of a Christmas Day storm. This is something like 8 or 9 consecutive model runs that have shown it....a little more consistency than this last storm. Anyways, the potenital is there for a big east coast snowstorm! Stay tuned!

I am officially excited and hope this pans out. I will give up the entire winter to have a foot of snow on Christmas Day!

Corey Towner
townersweatherpage.blogspot.com
twitter.com/coreytowner

No comments:

Post a Comment